     I use AOL on my Macintosh and I have had online arguments with my son
and brother because I kept insisting there were features for Flashsessions
and offline mail that they could use so they would not use up their time.
 They would tell me there were no such icons on their screen.  I was visiting
my son over the holidays, so I used his AOL software which runs on a PC.  It
is VERY DIFFERENT and did not seem as user friendly.  His method for
downloading messages to the harddrive was very convuluted.
     In the MAC version I just write my messages offline, log on, and use
flashsession when I am ready to quit.  That tells the system to download my
mail and send the prewritten messages.  The download process puts my email on
my harddrive and I can read and respond at my leisure.  Logic tells me it
must be possible to do this in the PC version, but I could not figure out how
to do that on my son's computer.  How about it PC users of AOL?
Marjorie Pappas
University of Northern Iowa
Email:  MarjorieP@aol.com

message offline in Word, then copies and pastes it into e-mail,
the message ends up with extra garbage:  odd line spacing,
which I think can be solved by setting his right margin to
about 2.5, and also =signs and numbers (20? 60?) etc.  I've
also seen this on a few postings to the net.  He's using a 386
PC.  Does anyone know how this can be cured?  It's fine if he
composes on line, but that costs $$$. I'll post a summary hit,
probably next week.<<<<<<<

LM_NET Archive Home