Beverly,
        I disagree somewhat with the portion of your message excerpted
below. My strategy is would be to work with students on VERY SHORT
"reports" showing them how and why to cite sources. Online and CD-ROM
technology isn't going to go away and if the students want to use it,
they need to know how to do so legitimately (teachers too).

Pat

:)    Pat Bartoshesky            Saint Edmond's Academy (Gr.4-8, boys only)
:)    <pbarto@udel.edu>          2120 Veale Rd.  Wilmington DE 19810-4199
:)     302-475-5370              FAX: 302-475-2256

On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Beverly Kay Maddox wrote:

>...  As a language arts teacher who is also a
> strong advocate for responsible and appropriate use of technology, I'm
> becoming more and more convinced that the use of online and cd-rom
> technology for research reports (and I use the term loosely) should be
> curtailed in middle school.

> Good for you, Sharon, for cottoning to the poor guidance the computer
> camp students received.  I hope you'll be able to undo the intellectual
> and ethical damage done them.  It would be fun to work with you.
>
> Beverly Maddox
> bmaddox@mailer.fsu.edu

LM_NET Archive Home