This message is being posted with Peter Milbury's (list owner) permission to
all LM-Net members (5,000+):

I recently ordered a used Okidata OL400e page printer from Dakota Office
Systems in New Jersey.  The printer arrived damaged with spilled toner
contaminating the image drum and the inside of the printer.  I called the
same day, expecting a hassle.  I got an answering machine and feared the
worst.  Instead, my call was promptly returned and politely dealt with.  They
apologised and explained that they had temporary help in the shipping room.
 A new(!) printer was sent to me via UPS Next Day Air.  They even included a
UPS prepaid return label.  The printer arrived in a factory carton in two
days flat, and works like a charm.

There is an epidemic of poor or rude customer service in the land today.
 Companies often hear from us when things go wrong.  I think it is equally
important to let them know when things go right.  A public 'pat on the back'
can go a long way toward rewarding a company that goes out of its way to do
right by a customer.

The company is:
Dakota Office Systems
385 Avenel Rd.
Avenel, NJ 07001
(908) 636-9386
e-mail to  NHilton@aol.com

They deal in computer systems, parts, accessories, and the like.  They do not
have a catalog but suggest that you get in touch with them and tell them what
you need. They will quote a price.

Mark Williams
Librarian
Colton High School
"Why can't _life_ be a holodeck experience?"

LM_NET Archive Home