After using MAC at work, and IBM at hom, I thin I can help. The memory
problem--and what you get for your $$ is a significant difference. MAC
friends keep buying more memory and it's never enough.Built-in modems are
super. WIN95 almost completely knocks out the multi-tasking problems that
the IBMers had in the past. In fact the only significant difference I
personally see now--is the memeory thing. One interesting note--and I
don't really know enough to understand,but when I discussed upgrading
Netscape at work--our techie geniuses--and these guys are good--seemed
re4ally negative about reliability etc. even though they were more than
willing to help me at home with the IBM. Also, I sew and MAC isn't
supported by most of the upscale sewing machines--not important to most
folks,I know. but it may be part of the trend I've been hearing--no
upgrades for MAC. Friends who have frequented local computer stores(where
we get a professional discount)came back feeling like the "second-born
son"--like how dare you want anything,you scum. I do not have the money
at work to  upgrade my limp memory--I shut down Netscape to print--pretty
grim!Just a personal .02

LM_NET Archive Home