I agree totally.  One of my most rewarding professional experiences was
under a principal whom my predecessor did not hold in high regard.
Guusje should appreciate this old southern saying, "You got to dance with
the one that brung you."  If you don't like the partner, switch --- with
a smile thrown over your shoulder.

Julie A. Walker                         District Media Center
Director, Library & Media Services      13401 Pond Springs Rd.
Round Rock ISD                          Austin, TX  78729
jawalker@tenet.edu                      512-331-6697/512-331-1811 (FAX)

On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Guusje Zimmerman Moore wrote:

> No, I don't think we should "dump" our problems on our predecessor. It's
> not very professional and it's also a very good way to burn all your
> bridges. The library world and the education world (esp. if you aren't
> moving out of state) is to small and anything you say can and most likely
> will come back to haunt you sometime in the future.
>
> I think the most professional thing to do is to tidy up all the loose
> ends, leave some helpful hints for your sucessor and then walk away and
> don't look back.
>
> Sometimes what is intolerable to one person is just fine to another. I've
> taken over positions that other people hated and had a wonderful time.
> Sometimes personalties just don't click.  And when one is in the midst of
> job burnout, it's very difficult to think clearly and act rationally.
>

>                            Guusje Moore
>                  Librarian, Housman Elementary School
>                            Houston, Texas
>                           guusje@tenet.edu