We have all our barcodes on the front of the book in the upper left
corner, either turned horizontally or vertically. We put it as close as
possible, but not so as to obscure a *major* part of the title. Sometimes
we put them parallel and close to the spine about the middle of the front
cover.

We cover all our labels with mylar protectors, or put them under the
mylar we cover the dust jacket with. We haven't had any problems with
them coming/rubbing off.

This might be different if you are left-handed.

*   Debbie Collier          Orange Grove Elementary  *
*   Librarian &             Houston, Texas           *
*   "Resourceress"          COLLIE@TENET.EDU         *