6/12/96

Dear LM_Netters,

     Our Jr. High School Social Studies teacher has asked for
suggestions of historical novels for Middle or Junior High School
students.  She is interested in novels that deal with America from
the 1600's to the 1800's, but if you have ideas for novels set in
later time periods, we'll take those, too.
     We've already looked at "True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle",
"The Sign of the Beaver", "My Brother Sam is Dead", and the "You Were
There" series.  Any other ideas?  My teacher has asked for novels
dealing with Native American characters, but really, anything set
during the above-mentioned time periods are acceptable.
    Thanks for your help.

Maryse Quinn
mquinn@mohawk.moric.org

LM_NET Archive Home