raureli@CELLO.GINA.CALSTATE.EDU (Robin Aurelius) writes:
> You can refuse privileges of any kind if you have sufficient reason. We
> have withheld grades and transcripts. Others I know have restricted library

    Maybe your state allows it, but it's illegal in Texas. Discipline can
not be tied to grades and report cards can not be withheld for any
reason. Many educators still don't know this (or ignore it) and still
try to use the report cards as a threat. Bad idea in my opinion. What's
wrong with calling, writing, or even (God forbid) *visiting* parents and
informing them of obligations? This is a job for the administration
officials.

        Russell Smith   rssmith@tenet.edu   rssmith@camalott.com
Region 14 ESC Abilene, Tx   Edtech Consultant, Certified teacher, Journalist

LM_NET Archive Home