Roberta,
        I agree that we can and ususlly are our own worst enemy im many
cases.  As far a you checking the times on the messages, don't you
think that is a rather provincial attitude?  It very much reminds me of
postures taken by 1940s and 1950s administrators.  I am refering my
principal  high school principal back in 1960. (he retired shortly
afterwards)   Just because my fingers are on a computer keyboard and not
leafing through an outmoded paper card catalog does not mean that I am
not  working.  I have on many occasions found the information on LM-NET
to be  more current and topical that articles in our professional journals.
        I do wholeheartedly agree with you on the point of better and more
accurate use of subject headings on the posts.  More extensive and accurate
use of subject headings would  make LM-NET less painful to wase through.
Clete Schirra                           schirrac@icarus.lis.pitt.edu
South Park High School Media Center     schirra@calvin.cc.duq.edu
2178 Ridge Road                         (412) 655-0613 voice
Library PA 15129                        (412) 655-2952 fax

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Roberta Hepburn wrote:

> I certainly hope not many people belong to this Listserv that are not
> librarians because I am afraid they will have some ammunition to use
> against us.  Those that have enough time to read and send messages through
> a listserv about how important their job is sure do not seem to me to be
> very busy during their school day.    Some even have enough time to detail
> all they do in their job.  No wander we get no respect.  By the way, I did
> check the times on the messages(most were during working hours), and I
> personally did not have time to read more than two messages on the subject.
> In fact I only have time to read about 4-5 messages a day and dump the
> rest.  Therefore, I hope we will get more to use the subject headings
> suggested by the administrators of this listserv.

LM_NET Archive Home