Bandera ISD is now accepting applications for a middle school librarian
for the 96-97 school year.

The district is looking for a candidate who would further the
*professional* aspects of the position, especially in the areas of
automation and reference as the library has been without a professional
since January.  An MLS is preferred.

The library will begin using the Athena automation system and Precision
One.  All of the libraries have applied to participate in the Texas
library connection.  The library will have a full-time aide who will work
with the Accelerate Reader program as well as other library-related
activities.  The school has about 500 students, and all must participate
in AR beause the principal is very high on the program.  She very much
wants the librarian to support her in this effort.

Bandera is a rural district located about 45 miles of San Antonio.  There
are two elementary schools, the middle school, and high school.  I have
spent the past 10 years pushing for professionals at all levels.  We are
finally there, so if you are interested contact the superintendent.  I
can also supply you with a lot of information as I managed the middle
school along with the high school for eight years.

Skip Pfeiffer, superintendent
P.O. Box 727
Bandera, TX  78003  Phone: 210-796-3313

Renee Schulze, MS principal