In our library we back up our files every day. It takes about 15 minutes
and it is worth the peace of mind. We never had occasion to restore in 10
years so we never knew if it worked. This fall when we deleted our
graduating calss and added our freshmen something went wrong and we lost
everything on the catalog and student records. We whipped out the latest
tape (we have a different tape for every day of the week), and voila we
had data. My husband who is a computer consultant says it is not enough
to back up. Every so often you should restore to make sure that your tape
is backing up properly. Good Luck!!vjl

Viviane J. Lampach
The Bronx H.S. of Science
75 W. 205th Street