OK--I have another "scare" story for y'all:

        When summer comps were given last year at SHSU in Huntsville, Texas,
        grad students could take them on computer. One student was on her
        *last question* when the machine she was using FROZE UP. She had not
        saved anything. The Dean of LS called the computer company directly,
        they worked on the machine over an hour--all to no avail. There
        was nothing to do but reboot the machine--she lost 3 1/2 hrs. of work.

        They did let the student stay until 6 pm that night, she had to
        re-do everything!

        I took my comps the next time after that--7 of us took them on
        computer--every 15 min. one of us would yell out "SAVE" & everyone
        would hit the button! None of us wanted a repeat of that poor
        girl's experience!

*   Debbie Collier          Orange Grove Elementary  *
*   Librarian &             Houston, Texas           *
*   "Resourceress"          COLLIE@TENET.EDU         *