In Buffalo, New York the company that provides the bus transportation
celebrates Pupil Transportation Appreciation Week may 20-24.

Can you think of a more unheralded job than being a bus driver or a
bus aide.  each and every day our children are entrusted to their care.
Occasionally, we hear of an accident but for the most part, the kids
are delivered safely.

This past year in the city of Buffalo, pupils have been transported
over 12 million times.  This boggles my mind!

Do the bus personnel receive recognition in your school districts?
How about encouraging parents to send thank you's, or make cookies,
are just plain tell the bus personnel that they are indeed appreciated?

May 20-24.  Pupil transportation appreciation week!

Elizabeth Kamke
St.  Joseph's Collegiate Institute
845 Kenmore Avenue
Buffalo, NY  14223