I'm hoping someone can help me get over my mental block.  Each spring I
have a "literary luncheon" -- idea from a fellow librarian 7 years ago --
as a thank you for all my teachers who help receive/pass out the weekly
overdue notices.  In a building of 1400 students, that can be quite an
undertaking for a teacher.  In the past I've used outer space, cowboy,
medieval, etc. and found /or given "new" names to old stand-by recipes
that fit that theme.  Last year I blew several fuses so wanted to stay
away from anything needing to be heated.  Because my custodians are
wonderful they are also invited so I want to keep them happy this year!
Sandwiches/salads/dessert will form the menu this year.  My problem?
What kind of theme can I use?  The only book I can even think of is _A
Hero Ain't Nothing but a Sandwich_.

Can anyone help?  I'll appreciate any help.

Deborah Bailey                  dbailey@sinnfree.sinnfree.org
West Middle School               1900 N. Rockton Ave.
Rockford, IL 61103

LM_NET Archive Home