Are you in an urban district &/or state that has  outstanding school
libraries system in all/most schoo?
Are you in a state that is ranked in the top ten with school libraries?
My question: Why does your state value school libraries?
what I am looking for is what philosphy/vision drives your state to
maintain school library system and any info on funding support (state,
liocal,federal). Please send me info on the
standards/funding/support/rationale for school libraries.
This can be brief..I have all the current research articles, etc.  but I am
in a state that is 50th in school libraries and in a district that has no
elem, 1/2 time middle school librarians.  I have "vision" of change and the
research articles are not the data  that will sway school mavens that are
into technology and acknowledge that we have the best public library in the
world ..but....
I see quality school libraries as central to literacy & learning (print &
electronic) for ALL KIDS..not just those lucky enough to live in a wealthy
community...
Thanks for any input

KE Hones                "A dreamer lives forever"
Mission High School Library
3750 18th Street #400   S.F., CA  94114
(415) 241-6240  e-mail khones@sfusd,k12,ca,us   FAX (415)626-1641

LM_NET Archive Home