Hello, 'Netters,

        One benefit of keeping students on-campus is that going out for
lunch can be used as a reward.  Our students-of-the-month and homecoming
royalty are treated to pizza or submarine sandwiches.
        Our school has two lunch periods, each 30 minutes long;  those
 not at lunch are in Encore, which is used for study hall, extra help
 from teachers, club meetings, etc.  Open campus would probably require
 a single, longer lunch period.
        CHS did have open campus some years ago, but there were problems
 with student traffic violations, fighting, etc.

On Thu, 30 May 1996, Andrea N. D'Angelo wrote:
> I have seniors debating the open campus concept...

Cindy Carr, Librarian           home e-mail:  wccarr@ionet.net
Cleveland High School           work e-mail:  cleve24@edumaster.net
Cleveland, OK
                "sero sed serio" >>> "late but earnest"