Hello all,

     At the request of a teacher in my school who is writing a paper for a
graduate course, I'm asking for some information on the library applications
of bar coding.  Of course I can give her some information but since my
library isn't automated yet (maybe this spring!) I'm sure many of you can
give much more insight. Any information and first hand experiences you care
to relate on any or all of the following questions would be most
appreciated.  I want to encourage her interest in the library!

1.  What problem is solved with this technology?

2.  Who developed it and when?

3.  How does the technology function?  Does it solve the problem?

4.  What are the educational and/or administrative applications of the
technology?

5.  What are the positive and/or negative consequences of using bar coding?

Thanks,

Susan White
STWhite@magpage.com

LM_NET Archive Home