This is a concern our school has had also.  Looking back, we used to have
students sign a "computer use" agreement but now we assume they will use
the computers responsibly without signing an agreement.  We anticipate in
another 2 years we will not have AUP's, that it will be included in the
student handbook (which is a folder for our students since this is not
 a full day school).  Just thinking ahead: we are interested in your
opinions on this topic also.

Karen Johnson
Davea Career Center
Addison, Illinois
karenj@daoes.tec.il.us
Visit our home page at http://daoes.tec.il.us/davea

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Vicki M Sherouse wrote:

> I thought my principal had a rather refreshing view towards
> parent/student agrrements and use of the internet.  He simply wants to
> put the rules in the student handbookd and post them at the
> workstations.  His point is that we don't have parents sign forms saying
> their student knows not to hit fellow students, not to rip aprart library
> books, not to vandalize school property.  We just put our rules in the
> handbook and then they are enforced.  Why should the internet use be any
> different?  Are we creating a mountain out of a molehill with all these
> forms to keep track of etc.?

LM_NET Archive Home