Personally, I believe it is important to catalog distinct publications
separately.  There are differences, and some of them can matter a lot --
especially paper vs hard back, and choice of illustrator.

Unison will show all of the same title listings in one whack initially.
It's on the second screen that they are broken down by cataloging
distinctions.

Katharine Bruner                        Brown Middle School
Library Resources Teacher               5716 Highway 58
brunerk@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us          Harrison TN 37341
fax: (423) 344-1471                     (423) 344-1439

On Sun, 10 Nov 1996, Margaret Mary Bedle wrote:

>    I use Unison in our  school library. And I was wondering wheteher in
> entering your bib records on your computer system, do you place all
> your copies of a title under one record, or do you use a new book whenever
> you acquire another copy of a title from a different publisher?  If you
> hand a paperback copy and a harback copy of Clancy's The Hunt for Red
> October"  would you use two separtae book records?
>   I prefer having all copies ofa book under one record, but often the info
> for the Marc records would be different ( publishing and description).
> How to you handle this?
>
> TIA
> Margaret Bedle
> mbedle@copland.udel.edu