Frank,
        Last spring I developed "tennis elbow" after carrying quite a few
heavy boxes out to my car.  I noticed it especially when i leaned on my
elbows to prop myself up in bed to read.  I also have been suffering from
a pinched nerve in my neck as a result of shovelling snow two winters ago.
When I returned to school this year, the two problems joined forces to
produce numbness in my left hand and arm whenever I leaned on my arm.  I
noticed it when I was doing a crossword puzzle at the diningroom table,
working at the computer and again in bed.  I went for physical therapy and
they told me that I needed to strenghten my shoulder muscles (and stand up
straight, as mother always said).  I have combined the pt exercises with
those from my gym work out and am feeling much better.  I just thought it
was me but maybe there are others out there who have the same symptoms.
It could have something to do with the non-stop nature of our jobs and the
related stress.  Keep me posted.
Christine House <wexlr1@pantheon.yale.edu>

LM_NET Archive Home