Hello everyone,

We recently started using Winnebago v. 3.0 on the Mac for library
circulation and we are having a difficult time getting our overdue
notices the way we want them.  The problem is that we can not get our
homeroom numbers to print on the notice (we have homeroom in one of our
user defined fields).  Under "circulation notices" we can sort by the
user defined field for homeroom but it will NOT print on the notice for
the student.  Under "circulation reports" we can get an overdue report
that is sorted by homeroom and prints the homeroom number, but it is not
in the format that would be sent out to individual students (it prints as
a list - not as a notice).  The overdues are distributed in homeroom and
not having the number print on the actual notice creates a very time
consuming procedure for us.  We have to use the two printouts and copy
the homeroom number from the report on to each individual notice so it
can be sent to the right homeroom.  We have asked this question of
Winnebago customer support and they suggest printing out one list for
each homeroom and having the teacher tell students they have overdues.
We prefer for each student to get a paper overdue.  Any suggestions for
getting around this problem quickly and easily?  We are hoping v. 4.0
will have corrected this problem....does anyone know when the new version
is coming out?  We thought it would be out by now.  Thanks for any help
you can give us.

Molly Mullin
Needham High School Media Center
Needham, MA