We found several ideas for Children's Book Week in the archives.  We are
also wearing t-shirts with place names.
Hats Off to Reading -- we're wearing hats
Reading Jogs Your Mind -- we're wearing jogging suits

One idea I adapted from an idea in the archives is to have Prize Books.  I
made up a patron named Prize, Winner.  Then I checked out some of our favorite
books, some country books, and  a variety of nonfiction, biography, fiction,
and picture books to this patron.  The books were then reshelved.  Whenever
someone checks out one of these books a message pops up saying that the book
is already checked out to Prize, Winner.  This is a prize winning book.  The
patron gets to select a prize from a box with pencils, bookmarks, stickers,
etc.  To offset the change to our circulation records, we will not check in
on reshelve (a Unison function) an equal number of reference books used,
perhaps.  This is not a good solution, but if anyone has an idea about how
to solve that, I'd love to hear it.  The message on screen keeps them from
going through all the books looking for a message inside the book.

Have a happy National Children's Book Week, all.
Carol Wheat * Parkway Christian Academy * Birmingham, AL
dems258@uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu

LM_NET Archive Home