I have the unusual privilege of being able to confer with an architect
about the design of the library in the new elementary/middle school we will
have built over the next year. I have been visiting several school
libraries to get my dream ideas (I don't know what they will accept,
probably a square room with a closet, but I plan on proposing everything I
can, such as a gas fireplace like the one at Charles Wright Academy in
Tacoma, WA). I was wondering if anyone has things they would like to
suggest to me that they either LOVE about their own library, or that they
WISH that they had (design elements, separate spaces, computer elements,
etc.). I will post a hit if I get enough ideas. Thanks!

Monica C. McQueen, Librarian
monica@server.fas.pps.k12.or.us
French American International School
Portland, Oregon