>If you get a chance today (Sunday, 11/17) take a look at Headline News on
CNN -- about once an hour they're running a segment on the falacies and
myths and lies that are so prevalent on the net -- emphasizing that to do
accurate research, students must learn to evaluate critically and they must
still use a library, because print and other "hard" resources are based on
fact as a rule, not someone's opinion or rumor that just happens to be
posted on the internet.  Hurrah for CNN again.  I taped it to use it with
staff development.
>At 01:22 PM 11/16/96 EST, you wrote:
>>Dear Librarians,
>>
>>Greetings!
>>
>>Internet seems to be the most powerful techonoly of this decades.  Some people
>>predict that internet will soon replace libraries.  I doult it.  I think
it can
>>be very helpful to my research if I am lucky.  But, sometimes, it can be
>>misleading and time-consuming.  As far as I know, most of professors in my
>>college depend largely on libraries.  Do you have any opinion?
>>
>>Please send your ideas to "ywang@bridgew.edu".  I appreciate it.
>>
>>Yongmei

Elizabeth Letterly, District Librarian    eletterl@abelink.com
Williamsville CUSD #15, Williamsville IL  USA 62693
"Freedom is an inside job." -- Sam Keen

LM_NET Archive Home