        Here is an ongoing problem I am having in a new facility as a first
year school librarian.  I am stilling waiting on my automation system to be
installed, yet the empty shelves seem to haunt parents.  I am using a manual
check out system with limited supplies.  The Question-I am receiving donated
books what seems like tons.  I am weeding them first and explaining this to
parents when they bring them in.  Many of the books I receive are in great
shape and great sources.  What exactly should I do to prepare these book for
the shelves while knowing my automation system should be up and running
soon.  I am to receive a date on installation Monday.  How much or little
should I do to get these book into circulation.  Please answer my direct TIA!

Allison Long
Lake Norman Elementary
Mooresville, NC
along@vnet.net