On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Kathryn K. Lafferty wrote:

> I hope some of the publishing companies are monitoring this
> discussion.  While I would love to have covers on display, I
> want them on the books because they do help extend the life of
> the book.  I wish the publishers would make extra copies of the
> book covers and sell them separately for a nominal cost.  This
> would solve the dilemma!

Great idea!  I have 3 display cases in the hallways and every time I
display new books, students come to me and ask for the ones in the
cases.  That means a trip around the school (pentagon) to the far side to
get a book and re-arrange my display.  Also, getting those books to stay
on the bulletin board wall (I use strips of fused laminating film) is a
headache.

If we could order display copies of the covers when we order the books
(for a minimal cost, of course!) we would have ready-made bulletin boards!
Also, if we have too many, we could share with different departments and
they could fill their bulletin boards with selections that pertain to
their subject matter. Some could even be used on our publicity displays
when we are promoting reading activities or fund raisers.  Actually, the
display copies wouldn't have to be full covers although having the
summary and author's picture that are sometimes included might be good.

I would be willing to pay a bit extra for such when I order.  Publishers
could just add a place on the order form for display covers just like
they do for card sets and data diskettes.

Good thinking, Kathryn!

                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home