Greetings from the cold and snowy North.  I have questions about
Winnebago and Columbia.  At my K-6 library we are in the process of
automating.  Originally we, in our district, had all agreed to stick with
Columbia.  However, some people got very concerned about the lack of a
buyer for Columbia and how much support there might be in the future.
Also the fact that there is not a Windows format is a concern.  Does
anyone have any thoughts on these concerns?

Our second choice appears to be Winnebago.  We have a high school
librarian who is dead set against it based on remarks from other
librarians.  The main question is will it work well in an IBM networked
environment?  What is the general feeling about Winnebago, good or bad?

Thanks for your help.

Ruth Shaw
Vermilion Elementary School
Vermilion, Alberta, Canada