Betsy Stine wrote:

> I have been reading these responses occasionally, so maybe I don't have
> the full picture.  But...does anyone leave the jackets on the books anymore?
> We have always covered them and left them on.  I think it makes the books
> much more attractive.   Just curious.....Betsy Stine

We cover the jackets with a mylar covering and leave them on.  The
students are attracted to the covers and I believe, the covers help save
wear and tear on the book itself.  I would like to be able to acquire
additional covers for bulleting board use.  I am interested, as an
alternative, to the idea of having copies made, but do wonder about the
copyright question.  My advice would be to leave the covers on the books
and find an alternative.  I hope some publishers are reading these
entries.

Bob Laramee
Arvin High School
arvin, CA