I serve three elementary buildings and have associates who take care of the
daily clerical work, including talking to parents about lost books, fines,
etc. This morning a father walked into the library I happened to be in. He
asked in a loud angry voice, "Who is in charge here." My associate said she
was, and asked if she could help.
He then proceed to tell her that he wanted this book, the one he was waving
in the air, taken off the shelf, because 1st graders shouldn't read it.
My associate then turned to me and asked, "Do you want to be in charge of
this one?"
Mary Ann Emerick, Lib./Media Spec.
Knoxville, IA   USA

LM_NET Archive Home