Just had to share a wonderful idea my aide came up with.  I had printed out
and given her the list from ??? (thanks, whoever it was) of what each month
was:  October is National Park Month, Pizza Month etc.  She took two of our
witch figures from preavious years bulletin boards, added a conversation
bubble that said "October Is", and then scattered paper pumpkins around the
bulletin board with each different theme.   We got several comments and lots
of students and staff stopping to read it.

Now, November can be a turkey with feathers, or pilgrim boy & girl with
little turkeys or little hats.  December can be St. Nick with bells or
trees----hmm, we have one bulletin board planned for the year.

Special thanks to the individual who has so graciously posted the lists.
I'd thank you by name, but the print out is at school, and I am at home.

Anne Oelke                                     | "Some days are like that,
acoelke@peoples.net                   |  even in Australia!"
Cambria-Friesland School Dst.  |  Judith Viorst in _Alexander
Cambria, WI                                    | & the Terrible, Horrible,
                                                           | No Good, Very
Bad Day_.

LM_NET Archive Home