I teach 27 classes/wk for 1/2 hour. I have no paid assistants, but
utilize 6 6th graders in the mornings and have two (presently) PTA mom
volunteers. They help shelve only at this point, but will take over the
periodicals (I hope) file, straighten, dust, and login the patron search
stations.
C Stephens
Ozark, MO

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Kathleen Olsen wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> If you are an elementary school librarian, how many scheduled classes visit
> your library every week and how long do they stay (e.g. I have 31 classes
> visit for 1/2 hour every week)?  Also, what kind of assistance do you have
> (assistants, aides, etc.)?  Our district is getting nervous about the amount
> of non-student contact time librarians have in comparison to other "specials"
> (P.E., music, and art).  Your information may prove very helpful in the near
> future.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kathleen Olsen
> KatieDid12@aol.com