> A co-worker at my regional education service holds a new position as
> MOdel Schools Director.  She is already experiencing questions regarding
> school computer labs versus computers in the classroom that can be
> integrated immediately into the learning process.  We, as an instiution
> are committed to the concpet of classroom learning centers fro the
> computers and would like to be able to show differneces in student
> achievement  one format versus the other, if possible.  I willbe doing an
> ERIC serach, but wondered if any of you have come across differences here
> or any studies regarding computer labs versus integrated in the classroom.
> Any help or direction pointing will be appreciated.  Thank you, Barbara
> Wall, Oswego County BOCES, jjSchool Library System Director,
> bawall@mailbox.syr.edu

        I'm a firm advocate of tecnology in the classroom and computer lab.  It
will work in the classroom as long as teachers have the training to go
along iwth it.  I've seen too much $ down the drain on computers plunked
into classrooms of teachers who don't have a clue.  A lab can be used to
teach students as well as train teachers.  Knowledgeable students will
be an asset for computers in the classroom and take some of the pressure
off timid teachers.
        Oops!  Seinfeld's on; gotta run...

        Staff training and student access is CRUCIAL!!

Chuck

LM_NET Archive Home