   The 6th grade in our middle school has decided to adopt "walls" as a
thematic idea to explore this year. I'm looking for suggestions of book
titles which might tie in and/or help us develop variations on this
theme. We already plan on using Talking Walls by Margy Burns Knight and
Walls: defenses throughout history by James Giblin. Anyone have
suggestions to share with us?

                            Linda Blackman
                            Telstar Middle School
                            Bethel, Maine