On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Alana Banaszak wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded to my inquery about the short story
> concerning a tropical plantation attacked by ants.  The majority seem to

O.K., now that you have *your* story <g>, can everyone help with *mine*?
I attended a workshop where a videotape of a story was shown. It was a
delightful story of a little ant who didn't obey her mother (I think it
was a female ant).  She went out into the world and got her foot caught
in a drop of dew or rain that froze and kept her there.

The delightful part was that it was a mix of English and Spanish -- just
like many of our kids talk.  The important feature was that *everyone*
could understand the story because just enough English and just enough
Spanish were spoken so that each group could figure out (with the
pictures) what the story line was.

I have not been able to find a name of the story. I'm sure it's a child's
book, but would be great for an ESL, English, or foreign language (Spanish)
class.

Does anyone recognize what I've described? Thanks!
Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home