---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:57:16 -0500
From: T Dubose <tjdubose@chrp.uams.edu>

"Maryland and Ohio that have a 2 year
technicians training program to train to be Sonogram Technicians (sic)."

        The 1997 Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers lists 3
accredited schools in Maryland and 5 in Ohio.  I do not recommend
non-accredited schools.  Also, the correct professional term is Diagnostic
Medical Sonographer or just Sonographer;  the term technician was
abandoned by sonographers in the mid '70s for good reasons.  They exercise
a great deal of professional judgment and felt the term technician did not
communicate that aspect of their work.  The name was officially changed in
1975.  Now for the schools:

Maryland:
        Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
        Montgomery College, Takoma Park
        Univ. Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore

Ohio:
        Central Ohio Technical College, Newark
        Cuyahoga Coummunity College West Campus, Parma
        Lettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering
        Lorain County Community College, Elyria
        Owens Technical College, Toledo

Hope this helps.
Terry J. DuBose, M.S., RDMS; Assistant Professor
Program Director, Diagnostic Medical Sonography
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences,
Fellow, AIUM
tjdubose@chrp.uams.edu
http://www.uams.edu/chrp/dmshome.htm
http://www.io.com/~dubose/
http://www.obgyn.net/CORRESP/DUBOSE.HTM
VOICE: 501-686-6510     FAX: 501-686-5613
Now is the time for all good folks to come to the aid of the Earth.

LM_NET Archive Home