I need a source to order those infamous 100 page biographies!  Most of
the sources I am able to find have 5th grade level reading but only 60-80
pages. (Why do teachers who are otherwise sane and very intelligent
insist upon setting a page limit on nonfiction?)

Off the track of the original question, but I also had a teacher assign
nonfiction to 5th graders -- minimum of 100 pages.   Now, I run a
grade 4-8 library and I have to admit, due to budget restraints, I
often will pick a grade 5-6 level book over an 8th grade level book
on a particular subject so that both groups can use the books.  The
thing is, most of these books are -- you guessed it -- 50-80 pages
long so the kids had to bypass them and choose a more complicated book
on a higher reading level.

Is this challenging the children to read above their grade level or will
it turn them off to reading?

Thanks for listening.  But I still need a source for the biographies.

Have a good day.

Doris Renfro
South Range Middle
Greenford, OH