Greetings!  My high school is considering student access to Internet
e-mail...and I'd appreciate you help!

We currently have a district-wide e-mail system (Pegasus) in place on
our district computer network.  High School teachers and students can
use this system to send messages to other users in the district
(local e-mail).  Teachers have the ability to send Internet E-Mail
(like this message) using the system.  We're exploring the concept of
providing this type of Internet e-mail access to students.

So...if you're doing this, thought about doing it, or just have some
thoughts on the issue, I'd love to hear from you.  Fill me in on:
What moved you to do, or not to do, this?...and How's it going?

I will post a HIT as responses are received.   TIA

John Bishop
Moorestown High School Media Center
Moorestown, New Jersey, USA
bishopj@mtps.k12.nj.us