Hi LM_NETTERS,

I'd like to ditto everything Dana McDougald said about using a date/time
stamper in conjunction with library passes.  I had been meaning to write
an almost identical message, but Dana beat me to it, and said it much
better than I would have.  I use sheets of card stock, cut in half
vertically with spaces for writing the time student left room, student's
name, an IN box, and an OUT box.  This is repeated over and over down
the sheet (about 25 times I think; I'm at home & don't have one to look
at).  I had our district printing department make these for me and they
charged me less than I would pay for the card stock alone.  This has
been one of the greatest time and hassle savers ever.  We have enormous
numbers of students dropping into the library every day, and I was about
to go out of my mind signing passes until Dorothy Jozwiak, who is a
fellow librarian in my district, came up with this idea.  We didn't even
have to buy our stampers.  Seems there were lots of old ones lying
around in a storage closet that had been used previously by the
maintenance department.  The kids rarely forget to stamp their pass.
They think it's great fun.

Eliece Edge, Librarian
Alvin Jr. High School
Alvin, TX 77511
shadow@hal-pc.org

 To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
 listserv@listserv.syr.edu          In the message write either:
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET         or
 2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL      or
 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST