When I posted a request for sources on scientific classification,
I was relieved to know that I am not the only one in this situation.
Many of you asked for a hit and the following is a list of suggestions.

Web-sites:
http://www.chias.org/www/edu/path/birdpgs/sciname.html

http://www.mbl.edu/html/MRC/HTML/phylum.html

http://phylogeny.arizona.edu/tree/phylogeny.html

Other sources:

1975 E. Laurence Palmer & H. Seymour Fowler "Fieldbook of Natural
     History" 2nd ed., list price $40. - less from a jobber
1988 Lynn Margulis "Five Kingdoms: an illustrated guide to phyla..."
     Freeman
1989 David Attenborough "Atlas of the Living World" Houghton Mifflin,
     has charts
1996 G. Coleman & D. Dewar "Addison-Wesley Science Handbook"
     ISBN 0-201-76652-3, cover price $18., great charts on pgs.46-55
"Encyclopedia of Science" UXL-Gale, good info included on individual
     species, but no charts--index is difficult to use
Peterson's Field Guides

Try college or university bookstores--should have sources to support
    biology courses.

Thanks to all who responded!

                LaQuita Dinkins * ldinkin@tenet.edu * Librarian
       Levelland High School * 1400 Hickory Street * Levelland, TX 79336
                    phone 806-894-8515  *  fax 806-894-8867

LM_NET Archive Home