Thanks to all who answered my query of your knowledge, feelings and
reactions to placing reading levels on library books.  Even though I have
been a school librarian for 20 years and a teacher even longer, sometimes
ideas come along which make one question even strong beliefs.  I feel
supported by your comments and encouragement to stick to my beliefs - it is
especially helpful to have heard from all corners of the country.

Thank you LM_NET and to all for your help.

Jane Snibbe, Librarian
Marshall School, Seaside, CA

Jane Snibbe, Library Media Teacher
Marshall School, Seaside, CA