Dear LM_Netters:
I didn't get much of a response about my questions on computer lab
furniture, but I think I have it figured out.  We are looking at Artco lab
chairs, which are on casters with a gas lift, so that they are adjustable.
Thanks for all those who responded.
Debbie Disher
Holdingford Elementary School
Holdingford, MN

Debbie, I taught for 4 years in elem. computer classrooms.   For the smaller
children, we used a phone book (old copy) for them to sit on at chairs.
Otherwise, keep your keyboards at 24-28" from the floor!  That will pretty
well determine size of chairs to use.   Send me any other questions you
have.  I can also recommend room arrangement of tables if you like.      Edith
-----------------------------\
We got some nice computer tables through Libra Tech in Argyle, Texas near
Dallas Texas. The were made somewhere in Arizona I think. Some brand like
ESCE??? Our district bought them so I do not know particulars.
Linda York
Turner Ele. Sch
Dallas, TX
Email:lsyork@tenet.edu

 I've talked to teachers who use a lab with computers in clusters.  They
walk themselves to death trying to help students, because they can only see
a few screens at a time.  It's much more effective to put the teacher at the
center of a square or a U.  Do your planners envisions students using
separate computers but working cooperatively, or will a small group share
one computer?

Cindy
Cindy Carr, Librarian      Cleveland H.S.

LM_NET Archive Home