Hello everybody,

  It is not very often that a 500th anniversary comes along, therefore we
are taking advantage of this unique opportunity.  This year, Newfoundland
will be celebrating the 500th anniversary of explorer John Cabot's arrival
here in 1497.  There is a full year of fun and festivity planned, the
highlight of which will be a re-enactment of Cabot's voyage from Bristol,
England to Bonavista, Newfoundland.  A replica of his ship, the Matthew,
will land here on June 24, accompanied by a flotilla of ships from all
over the world and they will be greeted by world leaders including Queen
Elizabeth ll.

  Our school thought we would get involved in the celebrations so we are
asking for schools and teachers to send us greetings in the hope of
getting 500 messages for our Cabot 500 display.  Please help us to make
this a world-wide celebration by sending us a greeting.  Thank you.

Terry Roberts
Pouch Cove Elementary School
Pouch Cove, Newfoundland
Canada A0A 3L0