Please distribute information about this internet project to your k-3
teachers.  Thank you.

01_Project_Name = International Peace Museum

02_Contact_Person = Marian Herman

03_School and address = Indian Hill Primary School, 6207 Drake Rd.,
Cincinnati, OH 45243

04_Email_Contact = hermanm@ih.k12.oh.us

05_Description = Students in grades k-3 will write a small statement or poem
that tells what peace means to them, and illustrate it.  Each class will
then send in ONE contribution to the museum.
     *There should be only ONE picture and ONE text item per class.  How you
choose which to submit is up to you.

06_Month = February 96

07_How_Long = This will be a Web museum that I hope will continue to grow
and diversify.

08_Objectives = To have young students think about peace and the importance
of peace.  This Web project and the museum that it creates might actually be
able to affect the future of the world in some small way.  It's an exciting
thought.

09_Procedure and materials = The books that our students will be using are
The Old Turtle, by Douglas Wood, ISBN 0-938586-48-3, A Picture Book of
Martin Luther King, Jr., by David Adler, ISBN 0-590-43611-2, and A Million
Visions of Peace, children's words and images of peace compiled by Jennifer
Garrison and Andrew Tubesing, ISBN 1-57025-079-0.

After reading these books and talking about them, the students decide what
peace means to them in a simple, small statement or poem.  Then they draw a
picture to illustrate their words.  You may use any materials you like to
introduce the topic.  If you know of any other good books for this, or books
that would be useful in other languages, please let me know, and I will post
a list of them on the PEACE web site. (Please include title, author and if
possible ISBN number of any books)

Please send pictures and text to me by February 14th, 1997.  You may email
them to me at: hermanm@ih.k12.oh.us  or you can send them by snail mail  to:
Marian Herman, Indian Hill Primary School, 6207 Drake Road, Cincinnati, OH
45243.  I will compile contributions into a peace museum.  I have given
myself the deadline of February 28th to have the museum on the Web. I will
email all participants with the WEB address of the Peace museum after it is
constructed.  I will also post the Peace Museum address to several education
listservs, and I would encourage you to share the address with others and
have them check it out.  I would love for this to be a worldwide endeavor
both in its creation and in its use.

10_URL: There is no URL for the museum at present. Our school's homepage URL
is http://www.ih.k12.oh.us/ps/  , and the museum Web address, when
available, will be posted there.

LM_NET Archive Home