On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Tammi Mitchell wrote:

> in the past are looking for something really _big_.

I know one school that gives away a *car*!  Of course, it's not just for
reading.  It is actually the big prize at the senior graduation night.
Their mascot is a tiger, so students get tiger bucks as rewards for
various things -- reading is one.  Those tiger bucks can be exchanged for
items. I never found out how it works with the car unless tiger bucks can
be exchanged for lottery tickets for the car.  Now at high school
level..... a CAR would be an incentive!!!  Also, only seniors get chances
on the car.  I wonder if they can hold their tiger bucks for 4 years and
have LOTS of chances at the car their senior year?

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home