Dear LM Netters,

        I've read in the 1996/97 Highsmith catalog about a CD ROM disk
called MARC FOR SCHOOLS ($495) which has 600,000 marc records in full marc
format.  Although this is not a cheap price, it does seem a more cost
effective solution to retrospective conversion than outsourcing.   My
questions:

        1.  Has anyone used this product or another like it? & if so, what
did you think?  How far back do the titles go?  What's the percentage of
elementary to high school titles?  How does this work with an already
entered, but incomplete, record?

        and

        2.  Does anyone have an email address for HIghsmith?  Nothing
appears on the catalog in any place where addresses & phone numbers are
given, &  (in case you didn't know this) one cannot call USA 800 numbers
from outside the country.

        Thanks very much, everyone.

>               Diantha McBride, Head        >
>            * Library Media Center *       >