Thank you all for your VERY quick responses.  I have been asked to
go into more detail about our collection and services for you.

Our Prof. Lib. is housed at the Instructional Materials Center.
We occupy the library of a closed elementary school.  Here are some of
the stats:

ENROLLMENT:  15,500
             4 high schools, 6 middle schools, 16 elementary schools

COLLECTION:

Professional Books - 8,301 volumes

Journal Subscriptions - 130 annual subscriptions

Audiovisual - over 600 items

Textbook preview items - over 2,000

Computer equipment -  1 circ terminal, 1 public access terminal, 2 PCs, 1
Mac, 1 Apple IIGS

Annual Budget - $16,600 for all materials.  I scavenged for all the
computers except the circ & OPAC terminals.

SERVICE IN 1995-96

Circulated over 5,500 books, AV, & journals.

Completed over 2,500 research projects and reference questions.

Staff can access the collection via the online catalog in their school
libraries and contact me by phone, e-mail or interdistrict mail for
research and circulation.

I am fulltime, year-round with shelving help two hours a week.  I also
maintain and provide reference service for our Public Documents/Records
Library and District Archives.  We have 26 schools all with circ and OPAC
terminals.  I am one of the technical phone support people for
troubleshooting problems with our online catalog hardware and software.

Our library is open to the public and is used by teachers and the
community from many of the neighboring cities.

From the responses I have recieved so far it sounds like most of the
districts add a small professional collection in each school and use the
library's budget for purchases.

I am told that if I can come up with some grant money we can keep the program.
Anyone know of a good source and willing to share it?

Thank you again for all of your responses.

Nancy Langlow
Professional Library Manager
Bellevue School District
Bellevue, WA