I recommend two general vendors who are very reliable:
Educational Resources...800-624-2926  (has one of the largest catalogs and
some of the lowest prices)
Laser Learning Technologies....800-722-3505

Most CD-ROMs are available from the above. However, for certain popular
CD-ROMs you'll need to go to the producer, for example, World
Book...800-621-8202
EBSCO for Middle Search, 800-653-2726,  SIRS for SIRS Discoverer,
800-232-7477, Grolier for Encyclopedia Americana 800-243-7256

Chris Giunta wrote:

>Our district is in the process of planning purchases for our soon to be built
>Technology Center (right off the back of my library - yeah!!!)  Our Tech
>Coordinator has previously done all of the purchases of CD-ROMS from various
>sources.  I would like to be prepared, however, when she does come to me
>asking for suggestions.  I've saved all of the CD-ROM recommendations from
>phone number of a reliable vendor.  Please send responses directly to me.
>
>As always, thanks for your help.
>
>Chris Giunta
>Park Avenue Elementary & Intermediate Schools
>Freehold, NJ
>cwgmls@aol.com

Joan Kimball (jkim@borg.com)
Clinton, NY