Netters -
        I've been using this book as a resource ever since it came out in
1988.  I couldn't live without it.  I highly recommend it for anyone who
does any music with children (or any kind of group singing).

RISE UP SINGING, 1200 songs: words, chords, sources
The group-singing song book.  But also useful as a reference for lyrics and
sources for music (songbooks and recordings).  Is a librarian's dream as it
contains an artist index, cultures index, holiday index, musicals index,
there are companion learning tapes with enough of each song to learn chorus
and verse melodies.
"From ballads to Beatles, Bob Dylan to Broadway, "Down by the Old Mill
Stream" to "Down by the Riverside", here are the words, all in one place, to
the songs you've loved in the past - with many more to learn from friends in
the future."  (from back cover)

Published by Sing Out Magazine, PO Box 5253, Bethlehem, PA 18015
(215)865-5966
For the teaching tapes and bulk orders, you can contact the editor and
creator of RISE UP SINGING, Peter Blood, 22 Tanguy Rd, Glen Mills, PA 19342

--
Johanna Halbeisen
Woodland Elementary School(K-4)

LM_NET Archive Home