Thanks to all of you who sent support and positve feedback about my slide
show I used in my interview a couple of weeks ago but sometimes in life
it's not WHAT you know but WHO you know and for HOW long...Another
applicant who just up and decided to go back to school this summer to add
intructional technology on to her certificate got the job.  Yes, I have the
certificate and 2 years experience BUT she and the princiapl I interviewed
with have been friends for years and friendship won out over
professionalism.  There were 6 interviewees and 5 had the certificate in
hand.  I am angry!!!!! But I do have a job and I do love the school where I
am.  I just wanted to be full time media instead of full time media and
part time SIA instructor.  When life gives you lemons make lemonade and
that's exactly what I'll do.  However, we will have to address this at some
point because we will be working together from time to time.  It should be
interesting.

Connie B. Worley
Hazel Grove Elementary
Mt. Airy, Georgia