Dear LM Netters,
I am back in the class room (Year 7 students age 11 and 12) after many years
being a TL. I need some help in dealing with a boy who is dyslexic. He has
been diagnosed by a school psychologist as such, and while I know the term
is often misused he apparently is the real thing. Does anyone have some
stragegies that I can try. While he usually has a positive attitude lately
he has really been giving up (poor kid, one can hardly blame him). He is so
concerned about his spelling that he gives up before he has anything down on
paper. His Mom tells me that he spends hours on his work but little is
achieved. Help please. Does any one have any ideas. His Mom says to me, "We
know what the problem is, but what do we do?" Well I don't have an answer.
Does anyone? Thanks heaps. Regards, Evon Jones, Year 7 Teacher, St Therese's
School, Cairns, Queensland.

LM_NET Archive Home